PROCLAIM POSITIVE NEWS with these techniques and tools:
- Share examples of public school success with anyone who is saying that our schools are broken or failing, since facts can help dispel the myths.
- Access and use components of the Every Child’s Chance Toolkit and the
Community Action Plan.
- Share news about Education Policy, News and Research.
ADVOCATE for strong public schools by the following:
- Find your representatives and contact them with your concerns about public education.
- Find out how candidates for public office at all levels of government – local, state and federal – feel about public schools, and vote for those who you might deem as public education supporters.
GET INVOLVED in the law and policymaking process to urge support for:
- Continued enrollment in traditional public schools as expanded choice options in the private sector and elsewhere are extended,
- Implementation of policies and laws which reflect goals and procedures supported by public school leaders, including the ones highlighted in the North Carolina School Superintendents’ Association’s “Guide for Strengthening Our Public Schools” that was unanimously endorsed by all 115 local district superintendents in the state and unveiled on January 13, 2015
- Provision of adequate resources to ensure that:
- each traditional public school classroom has a qualified, caring, fully-certified teacher to provide all students with rigorous and rewarding instructional experience;
- each school is led by a visionary and effective principal and support team;
- and that all schools have the textbooks, supplies, digital resources and other tools they need to effectively prepare each student for success as they move from one grade level to the next and on to college, careers and life.
With your help and support, North Carolina public schools will continue their trajectory of success and will remain focused on their mission of providing “Every Child a Chance and Every Community a Future.”